Friday, May 02, 2008

Back On Board!

You know, its much easier to blog about dieting than to actually do it.

That's what I had been doing. All those previous posts about joining online groups and whatever. Nope, didn't actually follow through.


I've done it now! Yippee!

I didn't really say anything on blogs or to other people, b/c I didn't want to jinx myself. But its been 3 weeks now. I've lost between 8 to ten pounds. [My scale stinks, so its hard to really tell. I need to get a digital one!] What caused the change? I'm not completely sure. I had a conversation with my sister, and I admitted how much I weighed. She was shocked! Told me that was just unacceptable and that I needed to do something about it. After a few days of thinking that through and convincing myself that it really was time to start, I DID! I kept pushing it off with lousy excuses: Its a pain to keep track of points; its so hard to start b/c I'll be hungry all the time; its impossible to eat healthy while living with my husband. But to my amazement, starting off was so easy!

My favorite indulgence? Turkey Hill's Fat Free / Sugar Free vanilla icecream with sliced strawberries. ONLY ONE POINT for a serving of ice cream! How awesome is that?!?!?

Tales from the Scales is now obsolete. So I'm joining in with the Healthy You Challenge. It looks like a similar blog, and I'm excited about joining in.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Irish Mom said...

8-10 pounds in 3 weeks?!?! Thats awesome!! Great job!! I am also on the HYC, its a great place for support!! Your blog is adorable, love it!!