I just read an entry at Tales from the Scales. It made the very good point of being brutally honest with yourself... The reason your not losing weight isn't b/c of this or that, but b/c you aren't adequately sticking to it.
My official "start-date" is tomorrow, Sunday Oct 21 2007. Its a crappy day to pick, b/c my birthday is Monday and my Hubby wants to take me out to dinner. But, I'll just need to save up my daily points and then also make wise choices when out.
What are my goals? Many are the same as before, but I need to remind myself...
1) Weight Watchers Flex Points. I currently get 26 points a day. Lots of fruits, veges, fiber! I'm already pretty good with the fiber, but need to up the veges and fruit.
2) Exercise 3x a week. At minimum. More is definitely better, but I don't want to set myself up for failure by requiring every day already. After pregnancy, I've gained a HUGE butt and a very protruding belly. Need to work on those areas.
3) I'd like to get my clothing size down to a size 8. That's what I was in High School. Okay, I'd settle for 10. Even 12. Right now, I'm 18 but some things can be 16. Yes, my size goal is lofty. So for now, I'm aiming for 14.
4) This may seem ridiculous, but I don't think so. I want to shower everyday, make my hair curly and sexy, wear lotions and perfume, keep legs shaved, put on full makeup, and dress nicely. Currently, I do wear makeup everyday, even when I'm staying home all day with my 2 y/o. And I do try to dress nice. Showers don't occur on a daily basis; gross, I know. Mainly it's b/c I can never shower alone; my daughter always wants to get in.
Why, you may wonder, do I want to do all of this? B/c it will make me feel better about myself. I always feel wonderful when I have a nice outfit and makeup on. And if I have a great attitude, then it will be easier to stick to a weight loss regimen.
Well... here we go! It's 11:11 PM. In only 49 minutes I'll be dedicating myself to this plan. Cheers and good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment